Centre Parcs Ireland
- Consulting Engineers: Noel Lawler
- Contractor (residential buildings): Treysta Building Services
Center Parcs Ireland, which opened its doors in 2019, is a €233m development in Co. Longford with onsite accommodation for 2,500 people. Ireland’s largest ever water park, this massive scale project on the 395-acre site is a tourist village with 466 Scandinavian style luxury lodges and 30 lake-view apartments. In addition to hosting the largest waterpark in Ireland, Center Parcs forest resort offers hundreds of indoor and outdoor activities including bowling alley, Subtropical Swimming Paradise and 5* Spa.
With its significant accommodation, every lodge and apartment required adequate bathroom ventilation. Versatile were delighted to provide a solution in the form of Unity CV2 continuous extract ventilation – offering low energy consumption, running costs and installed noise performance.
This low energy solution offers one fan for any room across all applications – suitable even for wet rooms and removes the need for large ducting networks and high background ventilation requirements. Benefits include:
- Low energy usage as little as 1.1 watts
- Short spigot design makes it ideal for application in shallow ceiling voids
- Smart technology features include automatic humidity sensing and a logical approach to overrun timing
- Discreet and stylish design
- Ultra-quiet ventilation as low as 10dB(A) in low-speed mode once installed
Commercial heating solution
For the commercial areas, ZBN radiant panels with integrated lighting were selected to provide a comfortable indoor climate – particularly ideal for the high bay areas. Versatile’s trench heating and commercial radiators were also selected to meet the requirements of various environments within the main buildings.