Versatile’s one-hour Specifying Tiles with Confidence CPD webinar accredited by RIAI will provide an introduction to the technical regulations inherent in tile specification including Slip Resistance, LRV ratings and contrast and movement joints.
This CPD course will outline the context of the Law regarding commercial flooring and will provide an in-depth look at slip ratings, various slip tests, what they measure and what they mean in relation to specifying a tile floor. You will also gain an understanding of BCAR regulations relating to Light Reflective Values (LRV) and Shade Variation to assist you in selecting tiles for your clients.
What you will learn:
- Overview of tile types, materials and finishes
- Enhance knowledge of BCAR regulations regarding slip resistance
- Understand slip ratings and slip tests to inform tile specification
- Discover BCAR regulations relating to Light Reflective Values (LRV) and Shade Variation
- Explore regulations around Movement joints, minimum Grout Joint regulation & Bowing/Lippage tolerances
- Look ahead at upcoming tile trends
- Examples of Slip Resistant tile specified in commercial projects
Who should attend?
This webinar is designed for Architects, Interior Designers and other professional tile specifiers responsible for commercial and residential projects.
Register now for our on demand webinar presented by our Tile Specification Specialist, Mark English.